[mapserver-users] Run-time substitution

Ian iansgis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 13:58:17 EDT 2009

Hello,

I have ~50 layers/shapefiles that are the same datasets scaled to various
values, used in OpenLayers. My map file for this data is quickly growing
(3000+ lines) and I was hoping to use run-time substitution to reduce this,
changing the LAYER NAME and DATA. I've read the documentation on run-time
substitution which didn't mention LAYER NAME as being supported (other posts
made it sound like it specifically was not supported), and which I would
need to change for OpenLayers. I want to confirm that LAYER NAME is not
supported in run-time substitution before I re-work everything. Thank you.

Ian