[mapserver-users] Problems with Google 900913 Projection and WMS Layers SOLVED!

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Wed Mar 18 14:12:42 EDT 2009

YES!!! You put your finger on the problem. I was fighting with the wrong
epsg file. I did compile the program from source and the correct file
was in /usr/local/share/proj. I've also found out that on unix systems
at least that the 'epsg' in "init=epsg:900913" is case-sensitive and
refers to the actual file. And finally, the mapfile directive  CONFIG
"PROJ_LIB" "/usr/share/proj" really needs those quotes. Just a wee
deviation like CONFIG PROJ_LIB "/usr/share/proj" (no quotes around the
PROJ_LIB) and your beer goes flat.

Thanks a million!
- Bill