[mapserver-users] Oracle Spatial Layer + C# map script

Murty Maganti MMaganti at oriongis.com
Wed Mar 25 11:58:08 EDT 2009

Hi

I am using a oracle spatial layer which has roughly 100,000 features.
When I call layerObj.getExtents() function, it takes a long time to
return.  This is the query sent to oracle by map server

SELECT SDO_AGGR_MBR(GEOM) AS GEOM from (SELECT GEOM FROM ORSPTL.PARCELS)

If I run the query in database, it takes long time to execute. Is there
way to optimize this query to execute fast? Also, I see that layer
extents are stored in USER_SDO_GEOM_METADATA table. Why is map server
not querying against that.

Thanks

Murty