[mapserver-users] WFS Server Request w/Reprojection to Database

joncoign jncoign at Knology.net
Fri Mar 27 12:16:49 EDT 2009

I have a WFS Server layer defined and have recently needed to provide this service in an alternate projection. The Data is in EPSG:4326 and I need the WFS Service to provide it in Spherical Mercator (SM / EPSG:900913). I have this working properly with the layers projection definition and wfs_srs.

The problem I have is that previously I was passing the %BBOX% parameter to the database stored procedure using an <OGRVRTDataSource>  referencing an ODBC connection.

When reprojecting the WFS layer the %BBOX% does not get reprojected so it gets sent to the database in meters as defined in SM. I could reproject this in the Stored Procedure, but my client would prefer I treat their DB as a black box and not make changes. Am I correct in assuming that %BBOX% comes unaltered from the querystring? Is there another variable I can use with Variable substitution to get the BBOX in the data's projection? Or is there a way to reproject %BBOX% variable?

It is critical that I can filter the data coming out of the spatial DB before it gets to MapServer for performance reasons.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Jon