[mapserver-users] problem with specific queries while upgrading to 5.2.2

Mark Volz MarkVolz at co.lyon.mn.us
Mon Mar 30 14:14:19 EDT 2009

Hello,

I have recently upgraded from Mapserver 5.2.1 to 5.2.2.  Apparently there are
some new security features, one being that you need to add <!-- MapServer
Template --> to all of the web pages that report identify, query, and select
results.  I now have most of my site running.  The problem I have now is some
of my searches no longer work.  I receive the following error when I include
a dash "-" as part of my search string e.g. "01-001001-0"

loadMap(): Web application error. Parameter 'id' value fails to validate.
msEvalRegex(): Regular expression error. String (01-001) failed expression
test.

I can get the searches to work if I omit the portion of the search sting e.g.
"001001"

Any thoughts on how I can get the search to work?

Last working system:

Geomoose 1.6.1 on MS4W 5.2.1

Current system with problems:

Geomoose 1.6.1 on MS4W 5.2.2