[mapserver-users] GetFeatureInfo in XML

Sven Schroeter schroeter at netgis.de
Mon May 4 10:07:15 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I am currently experimenting with Web Map Services and a custom PHP wrapper.
In this script for a GetFeatureInfo-Request with
info_format=application/vnd.ogc.wms_xml or  info_format=text/xml a XML
document is generated.
This works well, a XML-template is set in the mapfile dynamically:
if($k == 'info_format' & ($v == 'application/vnd.ogc.wms_xml' || $v ==
'text/xml')){
     $layer = $oMap->getLayerByName($layername);
     $layer->set("template", "template/featureinfo_nsg.xml");
    }

Two questions:
1. Is it possible to get a featureInfo-Request in xml native by mapserver
(no gml)
2. How can I tell mapserver to enhance the list of capabilities to xml? At
this time there comes only
<GetFeatureInfo>
<Format>text/plain</Format>
<Format>text/html</Format>
<Format>application/vnd.ogc.gml</Format>
<DCPType>

Thanks
Sven