[mapserver-users] display CIRCULARSTRING / COMPOUNDCURVE

Jana Golinowski jgolinowski at codematix.de
Mon Oct 26 10:35:06 EDT 2009

Hello list,

I'm trying to display PostGIS geometries of type CIRCULARSTRING resp. COMPOUNDCURVE. Unfortunately I can only make MapServer draw those geometries using st_curvetoline. But I'd rather work with the original geometries not with approximated ones for they should be used for WFS also.

Is MapServer not able to handle SQL/MM geometries directly? If so how do I persuade MapServer to do it? I'm using MapServer 5.4.0 and PostGIS 1.3.5.

What about such geometries from Oracle Spatial? Does anyone has some experience with this?

Greets, Jana.