[mapserver-users] KML Export

Josh Hevenor jhevenor at rogers.com
Tue Sep 1 19:13:40 EDT 2009

I've been using the ogr2ogr kml exporter to build some nightly conversions
of shape data. I'm wondering if there's a way to include symbolization
here...something that accepts a mapfile and a layername (or just a
mapfile, or whatever) and exports kml.

Alternatively, I've used the ArcObjects 9.3 LayerToKML_converter and I have
nicely symbolized features coming outbut no attributes.

Has anyone used open source tools and gotten both?  Any advice would be
appreciated. If anyone has advice on an Arc approach they can contact me
off-list.

Thanks,

Josh