[mapserver-users] File Format Performance

Pavel Iacovlev iacovlev.pavel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 00:39:18 EDT 2009

There is no best file format, if you want max performance and you have
static data use TileCache. PostGIS will give you better for
performance of spatial manipulations like select by bbox, or select
using some index as well as well as flexibility and scalability.
Reading all data and rendering it will be faster using Shape files.

http://iap.md, The future is open