[mapserver-users] Re: WFS GetFeature on Mapserver doesn't work

sunny74 sb.ray at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 15 03:55:28 EDT 2010

Hi Rahkonen,

Thanks for your reply.
You had rightly pointed out that DUMP TRUE was missing.
On inserting it The output of GetFeature changed to the following:

<wfs:FeatureCollection xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs
http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/WFS-basic.xsd
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/mapserver
http://localhost:81/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=d:/Delhi1_wfs_postgres.map&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=DescribeFeatureType&TYPENAME=delhi_district&OUTPUTFORMAT=XMLSCHEMA">
−
<gml:boundedBy>
<gml:null>missing</gml:null>
</gml:boundedBy>
</wfs:FeatureCollection>

Still I don't get to see the features
Although I have put a template file it is an HTML template.
So do I need to put a XML template.If so pls send me an example.
Do I need to put all the three templates i.e HEADER,TEMPLATE & FOOTER.
If yes pls send example for all three.

You have said "Feature List is empty" and so it doesn't appear in the
Getcapabilities.
What corrections are required in the layer settings for it to appear in the
Getcapabilities?

Thanks again.