[mapserver-users] Re: WFS GetFeature on Mapserver doesn't work

sunny74 sb.ray at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 15 05:52:53 EDT 2010

Hi Rahkonen,

Thanks for your reply.
You are right again.The Getcapabilities is showing the layer and there is
one layer only.
But Getfeature is showing the same thing it had shown earlier i.e it is NOT
showing the features and the details of those features.

GetFeatures O/p

<wfs:FeatureCollection xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs
http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/WFS-basic.xsd
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/mapserver
http://localhost:81/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=d:/Delhi1_wfs_postgres.map&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=DescribeFeatureType&TYPENAME=delhi_district&OUTPUTFORMAT=XMLSCHEMA">
−
<gml:boundedBy>
<gml:null>missing</gml:null>
</gml:boundedBy>
</wfs:FeatureCollection>

Another interesting thing.Although I have given REQUEST=GetFeature the
output is showing REQUEST=DescribeFeatureType.
Is it because mapserver is unable to find the features within the layer and
so it is changing the type of request?
What changes do I make so as to get GetFeatures working?

Thanks for your continued support.