RE [mapserver-users] Mapserver query using database connection

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca
Fri Dec 10 08:45:56 EST 2010

Are you using the MSSQL spatial extension? Or you only need to create
points from a X and Y fields.
If you don't have the spatial extension you must use the Virtual Spatial
Data
http://www.mapserver.org/input/vector/VirtualSpatialData.html

You can specify a sql query in the config file
Steve

"Marcus" <the_incredibal at gmx.de>@lists.osgeo.org
Envoyé par : mapserver-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
2010-12-10 05:35

<mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org>
cc

Objet
[mapserver-users] Mapserver query using database connection

Hello,
I am a cartography student from Germany und I am working on my diploma
thesis at the moment. My task is to plan and create a webservice
application for a transportation company and I decided to use the UMN
Mapserver for the implementation. The users should have the ability to
query the objects, too. As you probably know the query function of
Mapserver allows to query the attribute table or to join another
table-file, but now there?s my question: Is it possible to create a query
which directly connects to an existing database via PHP and show the
results in a query template? I have doubts that this could work, cause the
query function uses mapserver variables which are converted into the
strings or numbers like they are in the attribute table by the Mapserver
program and in my opinion a database won?t understand these variables. But
may be you?ve heard of a possibility and I would be glad if anyone could
help me. Please keep in my mind that I have to use a Microsoft SQL Server
2008 database and sqlserv as the ?driver?.
Thank you and best regards from Germany.
Marcus