[mapserver-users] ‘mode=map’ with WMC of dynamic <Layer> failing with getString() error

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sat Dec 11 08:49:48 EST 2010

On 10-12-10 5:57 PM, myOpenLayersUName wrote:

> And, maybe I have, but now I’m completely stuck. At this point, I have the
> following URL:
>
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/testing/dynamic.map&map.layer[line]=DATA
> ‘id3/vector’ END&layers=line&mode=map
>

> And it is giving me this error: getString(): Symbol definition error.
> Parsing error near (‘):(line 1)

Quick note:

That error usually occurs when there is a problem with the syntax of
your CGI query string.  There are notes on that at:
http://www.mapserver.org/cgi/controls.html#changing-map-file-parameters-via-a-form-or-a-url

My experience is that that error doesn't refer to a problem in your
mapfile, but refers to a problem with the way you are calling mapserv.exe

Others can hopefully assist you more thoroughly :)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/