[mapserver-users] WFS query problem (MS 5.0)

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at osgis.nl
Wed Feb 24 03:28:46 EST 2010

Hi list,

I need someone with a good memory on Mapserver history :-)

I am running into what I believe is an old bug in Mapserver WFS, unfortunately we are still running an old MS 5.0.0.

When doing a WFS query and one of the layers returns an error (like no matching records found), no feature collection is returned but only the error message.

Can someone remember this bug, and also if there is a workaround, if no workaround then in what version was this fixed? TIA.

<ServiceExceptionReport
xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/ogc" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ogc http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.1.1/OGC-exception.xsd">
  <ServiceException>
msQueryByRect(): Search returned no results. No matching record(s) found.
  </ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

Best regards,
Bart