[mapserver-users] Premature end of script headers: mapserv

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sun Jan 10 08:49:56 EST 2010

Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I understood right "mol" is the name you have given at MAP level.  I do not know if using &layers=mol should really work or not, I have never tried it that way.  I use wms_titles advertised at layer lever, either comma separated list or &layers=all.
>
> Try what happens when using &layers=all.  If it fails add "DEBUG 5" into layer definitions and have a look at ms_errorfile after doing some failing requests.
>
> -Jukka-

Just to follow up on Jukka's excellent advice: passing the MAP name in
the LAYERS parameter in a WMS GetMap request is an undocumented trick to
return a map image of all layers, from MapServer.

I would follow Jukka's advice.  I would start with a GetCapabilities
request, make sure no warnings or errors are reported there, then
request each layer by name through a WMS GetMap...that way you can
narrow your problem down to one layer.  Once you have that one problem
layer, remove all other layers from your mapfile, then try again.  If
same problem occurs, then try to access that shapefile (not loaded into
PostGIS) by a GetMap request - if the raw shapefile works then you might
have a problem with PostGIS and you can focus your attention there.

Hope this helps a little.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna