[mapserver-users] C# query method

Murty Maganti MMaganti at oriongis.com
Fri Jan 29 14:51:13 EST 2010

Hi Steve/Tamas

Until now I was under the impression that I can't do a query by
attributes and shape in a single call.  Hence I had written my code
first to execute query by shape and append those results to query
expression as IN clause and invoke queryByAttributes.

While doing some testing on oracle spatial layer, I found that
queryByShape is actually honoring filter expression on the layer. Since
this will be executed as a single call, I want to modify my code to call
only queryByShape and set the query expression to filter.  This will
improve overall time taken for the query execution but I want to make
sure that his behavior is consistent across all data sets (providers).