[mapserver-users] javscript controls for Zoom and Pan

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Fri Jan 29 17:49:37 EST 2010

I guess you'd need to be specific on what you mean by "javascript control for this". Typically this means moving from a form-based interface where the whole page refreshes to one where most of the work happens on the client and MapServer is just used to respond to image or query requests. While you *could* write your own I think it's much more productive to look at one of the frameworks out there, of which a couple have already been mentioned. Personally, I'm a big OpenLayers fan with an OL client fronting MapServer-based services.  Also, as a php user p.mapper (http://www.pmapper.net/) may be off interest and there are others. -Steve