[mapserver-users] How to serve individual RAW binary Bands fromWCSas floating point geotiff

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sat Jan 30 06:34:46 EST 2010

Hi,

It was some time ago when I last used multichannel imagery in WCS and that was not RAW data, so I may give wrong information.  However, I believe that having PROCESSING "BANDS=120" in LAYER means that only band 120 will be used from the original data and your WCS service is serving out just that single band number 120. Is that your aim, or to serve all the 563 bands and let users select which ones they want to capture?  This is probably the reason for the error you had with "wcs_bandcount" '563' because actually your bandcount is 1.

There may be now some problems both with configuring input/output image formats, with the general WCS configuration and perhaps with WCS calls as well. I would recommend to forward from simple cases to more complicated.  Maybe you can test the input/output first with Mapserver CGI or WMS calls or with shp2img and continue to WCS when you know that this fundamental part is working as supposed.  Or simplify even more and rip of the band 120 from the original raw image to a single band GeoTIFF first.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Peter Willis wrote:

> Hello,

> Thanks. I have the following line in the map file LAYER declaration:

> PROCESSING "BANDS=120"

> In any case, the current configuration gives me a floating point geotiff
that is all zeros. I know that band 120 of the file has non-zero double
precision data in it.

> Maybe it's a byte ordering problem....

Peter