[mapserver-users] project on the fly through mapserver or openlayers?

Fawcett, David (MPCA) David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Wed Jul 14 10:29:51 EDT 2010

When possible, the best performance comes from preprocessing the data to put it all in the same spatial reference system.

I don't have any good data for you for your original question.  I would guess that the performance of OpenLayers projection would vary based on the client machine and browser.

David.