[mapserver-users] Re: multiple map layers with different scales

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Tue Jul 20 08:49:17 EDT 2010

The mode=tile request results in an extent along with a default tile size of 256x256. With those you can compute a scale and
then hold layers to whatever scale bounds that have been set.

You can't combine extent, scale and size (by default set in the mapfile) though, MapServer's not setup that way. You can however
combine a point, scale (given by the SCALE parameter) and a size. In that case MapServer will compute the appropriate extent.