[mapserver-users] Re: multiple map layers with different scales

easyl thlin.box at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 03:53:32 EDT 2010

hmmmm..... I am almost giving up....

What I would like to do is getting a map image from a given extent and a
given scale value.
I would combine each retrieved map images as tiles but without mode=tile.
On my Mapserver there are different map layers having different detail
according to scale values.

In mode=tile it seems that Mapserver automatically calculates map scale
value and selects the suitable layers to show. I just want to do the same
thing but in mode=map.

The implementation of map retrieval behind Mapserver should be the same or
similar.
Why is it so difficult to do the similar thing from two different modes?

Thanks:)