[mapserver-users] More upgrade problems

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Mar 5 08:46:28 EST 2010

DeDuikertjes wrote:

> It gives me a LOT of errors like:
> [Thu Mar  4 15:14:05 2010].903727 msGetEncodedString(): Unknown
> identifier. Encoding not supported by libiconv (UTF8).
>
> Searching and reading up on this I couldn't find a reason why things
> work in 5.1-dev and work not in 5.4.2.

Maybe the difference is caused by a different version of iconv being
used by the new build?

Anyway, the error message says "encoding UTF8 not supported". I believe
the identifier should be "UTF-8" and not "UTF8".

FYI, "iconv -l" can be used at the command-line to list the encodings
supported by your version of libiconv.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette