[mapserver-users] LABEL-formatting options

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Wed Mar 10 03:25:21 EST 2010

Yep, always frustrating to suffer such constraints.

Can you not define the layer in mapserver as an ogr layer rather than a native shapefile, and use ogr's pseudo-sql to cast/retrieve the value as a numeric more suitable for labeling with?

http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_sql.html

Then in your mapfile use connectiontype ogr, as in:
http://mapserver.org/input/vector/ogr.html

(see example 4 with shapefiles joined in an ogr query)

I agree it would be nice to have mapserver able to do this, but until then there should be some workaround (like this) that will suffice.

Cheers,

 Brent