[mapserver-users] Re: OSM2 SqlServer 2008

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 15:19:52 EST 2010

Hi,

It must be noted the OGR ODBC driver is read only at the moment, so you
cannot import data to SQL server by using ogr2ogr directly. Moreover to
support the SQL 2008 spatial data types further enhancements should be
implemented in the driver.

For an offline solution you might wan to convert your data to shapefiles and
use the shapefile importer tool described at:
http://www.sharpgis.net/post/2007/12/Shapefile-to-SqlServer-2008-to-WPF.aspx

Best regards,

Tamas