[mapserver-users] PHP mapscript and getResult()

Worth Lutz wal3 at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 11 20:01:47 EST 2010

I've been using the PHP mapscript method

$results = layer->getResults();

to get:

$results->numresults   -and-   $results->bounds

of a query result.

This is described in the query example in the manual at:

http://www.mapserver.org/mapscript/querying.html?highlight=query

and in the SWIG mapscript documentation.  It was added to a 5.4 branch which
I have been using in my development.

I just got Mapserver 5.6 running on my test machine and the layer does not
have this method.

Is the information not available any more?  Did this get deleted due to the
1-pass query?  Do I need to reinsert the code I previously had to loop
through the results to calculate the bounds of the results to set a map
extent or is it possible to add this back in?

Thanks in advance for clarifying this,

Worth