[mapserver-users] Looking for advice for OGC Services Server hardware requirements

Mark Korver mark at spatialcloud.com
Mon Mar 15 11:38:01 EDT 2010

We all know that benchmarking is no easy task.  Benchmarking when you
don't have the hardware in the first place makes things just a bit
more difficult.

I know this is not exactly the same thing.  But cloud services, like
Amazon EC2, which give you access to a number of base configurations,
with different hardware specs and os (nix and Windows) installs that
are ready to go can give you a good idea of what parts of the overall
pie are more important.  And who knows? You might even find that just
doing it in the cloud is the way to go.

The point is, you don't have to buy anything but server time to test
diff configs.

- Mark