[mapserver-users] WMS GetFeatureInfo

Pavel Iacovlev iacovlev.pavel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 04:40:32 EDT 2010

Good day all,

I am looking for a standard way to query multiple WMS servers and
merge the results. Example: query a random mapserver and geoserver (or
any other server) and merge their results.
I created wms client layer in phpmapscript and it worked perfectly,
after that I tried "int queryByPoint(pointObj point, int mode, double
buffer)" but it does nothing, no wms request is sent to the server,
does mapserver support query by point on a wms layer ?
After that did not work I tried to create a hack in php. INFO_FORMAT
text/html and text/plain are not suitable for this job because "I need
to extract the layers and attributes" in order to merge, so I tried
"application/vnd.ogc.gml" and I encountered the following problems:
1) ArcGIS does not support it
2) If one of the layers is raster it returns an exception in Geoserver (bug)
3) Mapserver and Geoserver return different results, Mapserver is more
like a plain GML, GeoServer uses WFS schema or something (not an
XML,GML guru)

Should a "standard" prevent this kind of issues ? can anyone suggest a
better solution ?

--
http://iap.md, The future is open