[mapserver-users] Difference in GD vs AGG PNG output -- seams in my shape files.

Mark Deneen mdeneen at gmail.com
Mon May 3 15:42:59 EDT 2010

Hi,

I recently upgraded from 5.2.x to 5.6.1, and from GD to AGG.

Here is my output:

AGG: http://i44.tinypic.com/5oh261.png

GD: http://i39.tinypic.com/2h4j409.png

Visual Representation of the shapefile: http://i44.tinypic.com/1zz2u76.png

Look north of Cancun -- the AGG driver is showing seams where the polygons
connect in my shape file.  It doesn't do it for all of them, but I see it a
lot, especially when the seams are not straight N/S or E/W.  I feel that it
has something to do with AGG's antialiasing, but I've not been able to pin
it down.

Is there any way to resolve this?  I'd really like to use the AGG driver, I
love the output it produces, minus the white lines!

Mark