[mapserver-users] Re: postgres fulltext search

Andy Colson andy at squeakycode.net
Wed May 5 10:36:44 EDT 2010

On 5/5/2010 9:28 AM, mattmendick wrote:

> Correct, that is what I'm asking ultimately. What is the "attributal"
> equivalent to !BBOX! if it exists?

A quick look into the source (mappostgis.c) , I dont see anything
similar. However, when it's building the where clause of the sql, it
tacks on the layer->filter.string if it exists.

If you are using mapscript, you can dynamically update the layer at
runtime to set the filter, per request (I'm doing this).  You may also
be able to use the CGI request params (which I have not done, but recall
seeing in the mailing list before).  So the layer might look like:

LAYER
	FILTER $MYFILTER$
END

Huge guess at the syntax there.