[mapserver-users] Testing KML support

Peter Hopfgartner peter.hopfgartner at r3-gis.com
Fri May 7 12:23:53 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm would like to look at the KML functionality in the current MapServer
trunk.

There does not seem to be any specific option in configure, so I enabled
it by setting the environment variable CPPFLAGS:

$ export CPPFLAGS=-DUSE_KML
$ ./configure --with-proj --with-postgis --with-cairovim
--with-xml2-config=/usr/bin/xml2-config
$ make

The resulting shp2img has a lot of Kml-related symbols in it:

$ nm shp2img | grep -i kml | wc -l
71

Anyway, KML does not seem to be oin the OUTPUT formats list:

[peter.hopfgartner at vm-centos5-64-1 mapserver]$ ./shp2img -v
MapServer version 5.7-dev OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Indeed, trying to produce some KML from a map file, I get:

$ /usr/local/bin/shp2img -i KML -m kml_test.map  > test.kml
loadOutputFormat(): General error message. OUTPUTFORMAT clause
references driver KML, but this driver isn't configured. <br>

Am I missing something?

Regards,

Peter

--