[mapserver-users] quick question from mapserver beginner!

Asuka Milano tigana.fluens at gmail.com
Wed May 12 03:56:00 EDT 2010

hello everyone, ive just started using mapserver with openlayers for a
custom app for our company. being the super newbie that i am, i have
this problem:

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/5926/99138762.jpg

as you can see, i have my mapserver data as an overlay above a
basemap(from google)...
i have a TIFF image (the field) about 3000px by 2000px which i am just
supposed to use as a raster overlay so i guess i am somewhat successful
with displaying it abeit it was just a test overlay and the world file
values arnt really accurate at the moment

now the problem is the background color. it seems that resizing the
raster image through the world file only fixes the layer and im left
with an opaque map that covers the base layer.. ive tried adjusting the
map size and extent bounds to no avail.. help please! here's my map file:

-----------
   # Map image size
   SIZE 968 232 <----- i tried adjusting this but doesnt have any effect
   UNITS dd