[mapserver-users] MapServer join with dbf table or spatial query

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed May 12 08:16:31 EDT 2010

Enrico Raviglione wrote:
> Hi to all,
>

> i try to do with MapServer (with p.mapper as interface)  a join with a
> shape into a layer and a dbf table. The type of join are one to many. I
> follow the manual but i never see any query result also if i try to make
> a one-to-one join.
>

> I can obtain the same result of the join if i can do a spatial query.
>
> My need are make a spatial query from one shape on a specific layer,
> selected by the user with the mouse click, to find a list of overlapped
> shapes (and its attributes) who stay on some different layers.
>

> Can anyone help me or send some samples or documentation for one or the
> two different solution?

Hello,

The documentation contains examples for joining a SHP with a DBF
(http://www.mapserver.org/mapfile/join.html).  The examples in that
document use MapServer CGI, but I am not familiar with p.mapper.  Maybe
try your initial tests with MapServer CGI, to verify that you have the
correct configuration, before testing with your application.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/