[mapserver-users] Mathematical Scaling of Floating Point Data in Mapserver Map File

Peter Willis pwillis at aslenv.com
Wed May 12 14:14:12 EDT 2010

Hello,

Is it possible to apply nonlinear scaling to classify
floating point tiff rasters.

All examples that I have seen appear to assume a linear
dataset.

If I wish to scale the data by the base 10 log
of the data and then scale the Red, Green and Blue values
of the classification, can I do it in the map file?

What are the available functions that may be used
in the mapfile 'PROCESSING' and 'EXPRESSION' items?

Thanks,

Peter