[mapserver-users] Colorrange in map file

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri May 14 16:18:46 EDT 2010

Jeff McKenna wrote:
  > I have done some testing with MapServer 5.6.3, and indeed you are
> correct: multiple color ranges for a single data file are not currently
> supported.  If I were you I would enter a comment with your findings
> into the existing ticket for this
> (http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/1305) and poke the developers
> that way.
>
> I'll make sure the new doc contains this limitation.

Folks,

I'd note that the mentioned RFC was never finalized and adopted. In general
the COLORRANGE stuff is still in limbo and I don't even think we should
necessarily be documenting until some final conclusion is reached.

I'd like to see robust colorrange support but there hasn't really been
enough interest in the topic to carry things through RFC preparation,
implementation and documentation.   I don't want it enough to do the
heavy lifting.

Best regards,