[mapserver-users] GetFeatureInfo returns no results. Why?

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at grid.unep.ch
Tue May 18 02:57:22 EDT 2010

Hi there,

I am having problems getting a correct "GetFeatureInfo" from my WMS.
The URL looks fine, but I get this message:
	"GetFeatureInfo results: Search returned no results."

The WMS works well:
	http://metafunctions.grid.unep.ch/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/www/geodataportal/htdocs/mod_map/geo_wms_complete_last_year.map&
	service=wms&
	version=1.1.1&
	request=getmap&
	format=image/png&
	width=900&
	height=450&
	srs=EPSG:4326&
	bbox=-180,-90,180,90&
	layers=co2_gdp

The GetFeatureInfo looks like this:
	http://metafunctions.grid.unep.ch/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/www/geodataportal/htdocs/mod_map/geo_wms_complete_last_year.map&
	version=1.1.1&
	request=getfeatureinfo&
	width=900&
	height=450&
	srs=EPSG:4326&
	bbox=-180,-90,180,90&
	x=9.5&y=50&
	query_layers=co2_gdp&
	layers=co2_gdp

It should return the value for Germany. Here is the MAPserver code:
                LAYER
                     NAME co2_gdp
                     METADATA
                         'wms_title'             'Emissions of CO2 per
GDP (PPP)'
                         'wms_timeextent'  '2006'
                         'wms_extent'         '-180 -90 180 90'
		   END # METADATA
                     PROJECTION
                         'init=epsg:4326'
                     END
                     STATUS OFF
                     CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
                     CONNECTION 'xxx'
                     TYPE POLYGON
                     DATA "the_geom FROM ****"
                     TEMPLATE 'dummy'
                     DUMP TRUE
                     CLASSITEM 'value'

Do I need to add something? Thanks for any adivce,

Stefan