Re: [mapserver-users] loadLayer(): Unknown identifier. Parsing error near (â):(line 662128)

Tonton to.tonton at gmail.com
Tue May 18 09:11:23 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Stefan Schwarzer <
stefan.schwarzer at grid.unep.ch> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> as far as I know there is no limit in respect to the numbers of layers in
> the mapfile anymore, no? We're running 5.2.1, and it seems that somewhere
> between 45 and 50 layers, it returns me that error. Anyone knows why?
> Anything I can do?
>
> Thanks for any tips!
>
> Stefan

in documentation

• For MapServer versions < 5, there was a default maximum of 200 layers per
mapfile (there is no layer limit with
MapServer >= 5). This can be changed by editing the map.h file to change the
value of MS_MAXLAYERS to
the desired number and recompiling. Here are other important default limits
when using a MapServer version <
5: