[mapserver-users] problem renaming the mapscript module for perl (swig problem???)

Christian Fritze christian.fritze at porath.de
Tue May 18 12:01:20 EDT 2010

Lime, Steve D (DNR) wrote:
> You need to make one more change(s) in plmodule.i. Look for lines of the form:
>
>   mapscript::RFC24_ADD_PARENT_REF(...

*and* for any call to mapscriptc::...

> and change mapscript to mapscript563.

> The README in the perl subdirectory talks about this step...

You are absolutely right, thank you for reminding me!

I actually did see it in the README but somehow lost track of
it when hunting down that issue with swig versions. So i mixed
two different errors which in fact had nothing to do with
each other. Silly me... :-(

> the wiki looks to be a bit out-of-date. Here's a great chance to update it!

Quite so. I'll put it on my list for later this evening.

Thanks for your help.
Christian