[mapserver-users] OGR/PHP Extension encoding

Sven Schroeter schroeter at netgis.de
Wed May 26 04:04:17 EDT 2010

Hi,
I'm using the OGR/PHP Extension to convert data from a postgis database to
ESRI Shape by using the actual extent of my mapclient.
This works fine, you can test the "Export-Button" (in the left panel) on my
client, choose for example "Naturschutzgebiete" in the dropdown of the
export-dialog:
http://map1.naturschutz.rlp.de/mapserver_lanis/
My database is utf-8 encoded and I want to export my attribute-data to
Latin1.
Is there a possibility to tell  ogr via php to change the encoding?
With pgsql2shp I can set PGCLIENTENCODING=LATIN1 and it works. This doesent
work with ogr2ogr.
Any idea?
Thanks
Sven