[mapserver-users] Question

Mike Heese mlheese at hotmail.com
Thu May 27 13:28:11 EDT 2010

I'm trying to figure MapServer out for our applications.  Right now, I just need a server setup that accepts a query for Elevation information at a specific Lat/Lon point.  I also want to be able to send the server coordinates for a bounding rectangle that returns back a set of Elevation data for each Lat/Lon point within the rectangle at some defined spacing.  We're just trying to read elevation data from DEM and BIL type GIS files and need something that can return the requested point or data set back to a client.

Will MapServer 4 do this?  If so, how do I get the Elevation Files (DEM, BIL, etc) setup for the server to read the data from?????

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike H
mlheese at hotmail.com