[mapserver-users] paths in the mapfile

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at mapgears.com
Tue Nov 2 17:01:12 EDT 2010

Hi,

I think the only thing to configure is to make sure the Apache user has
read access to your data file. Note that they don't need to be
accessible from the web, only readable by the Apache user.

Also note that it is not recommended to put your mapfile in a
web-accessible folder. It should not be web visible, but again readable
by the Apache user.

Julien

On 10-11-02 03:50 PM, David Hildebrand wrote:
> I have a map file which produces valid output from the command line but
> not as a URL. The map file is located in the htdocs directory but the
> data source paths in the map file reference a different drive
> altogether. I don’t want to make that drive accessible to the world but
> I want the web server to be able to find it. What parameter would I
> change in the Apache configuration file to accomplish that?
>
> Thanks.
>
> ===========================
> David V. Hildebrand
> Agriculture Financial Services Corporation
> (403) 782-8239
>
> www.afsc.ca <about:www.afsc.ca>_ <_http://www.afsc.ca
> <http://www.afsc.ca/>_>
> _This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it
> is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal and/or privileged
> information. Please contact Agriculture Financial Services Corporation
> immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication,
> and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any
> communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted
> or destroyed. Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Julien-Samuel Lacroix
Mapgears
http://www.mapgears.com/