[mapserver-users] map file paths

Waberzeck, Thomas Thomas.Waberzeck at liag-hannover.de
Thu Nov 4 02:53:06 EDT 2010

Jukka Rahkonen wrote:
> P Kishor wrote:
>
> > So you have 15 copies of the binary floating around on your computer.
> > What a nightmare. If you upgrade, you have to make 15 copies of the
> > new version and replace the old version.
>
> > What would happen when you publish the 150th geologic map?
>
> > Use a single binary, and use a wrapper (or the env variable) to get
> > the right query.
>
> I do not believe there are handy wrappers for Windows and the only way
> I have been able to get SetEnvIf to work is to make copies of
> mapserv.exe with different names. I maintain a batch file about our
> services with lines like "COPY mapserv.exe WMS_service1" etc. and then
> I only need to run the batch after update and publishing the 150th
> service does not change anything.

If you have php it's quite easy to write a small wrapper for it. See http://www.mapserver.org/ogc/mapscript.html#php-example so the only thing to do is to write the wrappers once and you have a single setup of Mapserver.

Thomas
BTW: The Example should be updated - I think php_mapscript_4.10.0.dll is out of date. The name of the .dll is just php_mapscript.dll.