[mapserver-users] MapServer output

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 12:38:11 EST 2010

I have been using MapServer for sometime now, but doing really simple
things with it... read in mostly Pg, Shapefile and raster data, and
output mostly images via regular CGI or WMS.

One thing that GeoServer seems to do very well is provide easy output
to a variety of formats -- GeoJSON, images, features, KML, a whole lot
more.

What are MapServer's capabilities in this regard? Ideally, my
application would return the requested format based on the URI. So,
given http://server/mapserv/wms/ would return WMS. If I replace "wms"
with "kml" I would get back KML, or replace it with "geojson" and get
back GeoJSON, etc.

Is there a tutorial or documentation on this that someone can point me to?

--
Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org