[mapserver-users] Annotation Layer Always on Top Despite Not Being Declared Last

Donald Kerr donald.kerr at dkerr.co.uk
Sat Nov 20 13:30:42 EST 2010

Hi List,

I have a map file made up from multiple layers one of which is an Annotation
layer. I have a number of layers declared after that layer but the
annotation layer always appears to show on top.  I want the layers that are
declared later in the map file to show on top. I can't see anything that
could be causing this and would appreciated it if someone could advise.

See attached image where the text "McL" part of "McLellan Galleries" shows
through the label. The text from this Annotation layer also shows through
png symbols declared in other layers so it is not just labels where the
underlying text appears on top.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Donald Kerr