[mapserver-users] Re: Clipping returned WFS data to the requesting bounding box

mattmendick matt.mendick at pictometry.com
Mon Nov 29 17:50:47 EST 2010

I've actually now just discovered a way that works for me.  I did forget to
mention that we are using PostGIS.  We now use the aforementioned:

DATA "wkb_geometry FROM (SELECT ST_Intersection(f.wkb_geometry, !BOX!) AS
wkb_geometry, column1, column2, column3 FROM flood as f) AS subquery USING
UNIQUE ogc_fid USING SRID = 4326"

And as I mentioned, this works to clip the features, but does not return any
attributes. The way I've now found to include the exact columns I want is to
add this line to the mapfile:

PROCESSING "ITEMS=column1,column2,column3"

This forces mapserver to request the comma separated columns as attributes
on the final query.

Now the columns return, and everything is wonderful.