[mapserver-users] Re: mapserver and i18n

tellett thomas.ellett at statkart.no
Tue Oct 12 09:15:49 EDT 2010

> I think that what needs to be passed to mapserver is something like
> lang=en_US and that is then used to select the appropriate alias. And if
> that does not exist then there are appropriate rules for how to handle
> it or error out.
>
> -Steve

>this is much better:

>"ows_title" "highways" # default layer title
>"ows_title_fr" "..." # france layer title

>"ows_group_title" "Infrastructure" # default group name
>"ows_group_title_fr" "..." # france group name

>"gml_ID_alias" "Number" # default alias
>"gml_NAME_alias_fr" '... # france alias

>NAME 'good'  # default class name
>NAME_fr 'good'  # france class name (oups, not looking good)

>Thanks a lot and regards,
>-Daniel

I'd agree entirely with Steve and Daniel on this. We're currently looking at
creating INSPIRE compliant WMS and so we desperately need to solve this
problem, like everyone else we're really loath to create duplicate mapfiles.
Don't suppose this has been suggested in an RFC or set as a ticket yet?Guess
I could just not be lazy and check myself...:)

Tom