[mapserver-users] Arabic text rendering

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Oct 21 16:39:54 EDT 2010

On 10/21/2010 4:20 PM, Ian Walberg wrote:
> Steve,
>
> Many thanks for you help, we had an old version of fribidi and building
> 0.19.2 fixed the character join issue.
>
> We do appear to have a couple of labels with square boxes (invalid chat
> I assume) at the end but I need to check the source data as well.

This means the the font is missing that particular joining character. I
would be interested in knowing if there is a good font that the fribidi
team recommends if you contact them or if you find one that is complete.
I have clients, that have licensed fonts that are more complete, by
still had to go in add a few additional glyphs. I do not remember what
font they got or where they got it from.

-Steve W