[mapserver-users] MapServer Windows7 EasyPHP setup

greg.luker at scu.edu.au greg.luker at scu.edu.au
Fri Oct 22 07:25:26 EDT 2010

Hi MapServers,

I have a new computer with Windows 7 Pro (64-bit), on which I'd like to get MapServer running. I have installed EasyPHP-5.3.3 (because I heard it worked on Win7), and so I have Apache, PHP and MySQL running. I downloaded ms4w_3.0_beta11 and copied the entire cgi-bin directory into the EasyPHP home directory. I started MapServer but got a message:

msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. major axis or radius = 0 or not given

I guess there are quite a few configuration settings that I haven't set yet. Is it worth persevering with EasyPHP, or does ms4w work on Win7, and therefore should I just uninstall EasyPHP (and Apache, PHP and MySQL) and install ms4w?

Thanks,
Greg.

Greg Luker
GIS Lab Manager