[mapserver-users] Re: Problems with MapServer and Oracle Spatial

Sumit Sharma sumit321 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 15 06:40:18 EDT 2010

Even I am facing similar problems with mapserver 5.6.3 and Oracle Spatial
(Native support). I further narrow down this problem. When I execute command
resultsGetShape (after queryByRect) my oracle spatial data gets corrupt. To
my surprise I see duplicate value in my primary key. Furthermore primary
index still points to old data.
After further debugging I found that in msOracleSpatialLayerResultGetShape
when you try to fetch records using following  oci function call, records
are updated.

"TRY( hand, OCIAttrGet( (dvoid *)sthand->stmthp, (ub4)OCI_HTYPE_STMT, (dvoid
*)&sthand->rows_fetched, (ub4 *)0, (ub4)OCI_ATTR_ROWS_FETCHED, hand->errhp

There was no error, exception or any debugging info...

I was able to replicate this error in 10g and 11g as well. I am clueless
now. If anybody else is also facing same problem and have some other way
around or any suggestion for debugging further please let us know.
Thanks in advance,