[mapserver-users] googleMap as a base layer

Steve Lime sdlime at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 12:27:36 EDT 2011

You can also use MapServer to generate overlays for use directly in
Google maps. There's a tile mode directly in
the CGI or you can use a tile caching solution. I've had terrific luck
with mod-geocache lately generating tiles for
the Google grid but limiting tile creation to a geographic area (e.g.
just Minnesota). Mod-geocache is very efficient
and can default to a single blank tile outside that extent.

Steve