[mapserver-users] Problem GetFeature with geom filter on WFS

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Aug 24 04:31:44 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am not too familiar with PostGIS, but isn't this && exactly an index based BBOX query which is checking if the BBOX of the feature is intersecting with the BBOX of the reference geometry?
where geom &&
> >> GeomFromText('POLYGON((620000 218000,620000 278000,690000
> >> 278000,690000 218000,620000 218000))',-1)

 Then perhaps what you wrote
"MapServer filters them correctly but as we get
> only the 100 first results from the DB, we miss many objects and/or
> they are not related to the area where we want to apply a geographical
> filter. "

could better be written "as we get only the 100 first results within the BBOX filtered with fast but inaccurate index search, the result set after Mapserver applying a geographical filter may have less that 100 features".

-Jukka Rahkonen-